FREE e-Learning Training Scheme for the Tourism Industry
- This initiative is being brought to you by the Malta Tourism Authority (MTA) in collaboration with the Ministry for Tourism and Consumer Protection (MTCP), and ThinkTalent as the training service provider.
- The MTA will pay for the training courses offered by this Scheme and will be free of charge to the applicants.
- Applicants can only be accepted if they present a copy of their ID cards and a letter of employment proving that they are employed in tourism.
- Applicants can apply for up to 3 short courses or one accredited course.
- Applicants need to be suitably qualified to apply for higher-level/accredited courses
- Applicants are to apply directly with ThinkTalent on the online form accessed from the web page related to the relevant training programme
- Applicants will be contacted via the contact details provided to confirm acceptance of their application.
- Applicant’s details will only be stored by ThinkTalent for the purpose and duration of this scheme and shared with MTA.
- On acceptance, applicants will be sent joining instructions for the programme/s applied for by ThinkTalent.
- On successful completion of the training programme participants will also receive a certificate of attendance and (where applicable) a certificate of award.
Also, please note:
Following popular demand, the scheme application eligibility is being extended with immediate effect to include full-time students and persons who have worked in the tourism industry and are currently unemployed.
Student applicants have to be full-time registered students. Therefore, such applicants have to provide evidence that they are currently registered as full-time students with a local or foreign training institution.
Unemployed applicants are requested to provide their ETC social security registration confirming they are unemployed and a recently dated copy of their employment history from JobsPlus which show that they have recently been employed in the tourism sector.