The objective of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification is to equip learners with the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills required for a career or further study in the health and social care sector at a managerial level. The programme enables learners to demonstrate their skills by producing evidence from their work or training activities.
The Level 5 units give learners the opportunity to progress in specific subject occupational areas. Learners will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of effective partnership working, managing the care of vulnerable individuals, team management, professional supervision practices and how to complete a research project.
Successful completion of this qualification will equip learners with industry-specific and practical skills, enabling them to successfully apply their knowledge in the workplace, enhance their career prospects and allow progression to further study.
12 Months (Intakes in Jan, Apr, Jul, and Oct)
Twice a week from
6:00pm to 8:00pm
120 credits / 60 ECTS
These qualifications are designed for learners who are aged 18 and above.
The entry profile for learners is at least one of the following:
• Relevant Level 4 Diploma qualification or equivalent qualification
• GCE Advanced level in 3 subjects or equivalent qualification
• Mature learners (over 21) with relevant management experience (learners must check with ThinkTalent regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country, they must provide evidence of English language competency.
· Working in Partnership in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
· Managing the Safeguarding and Protection of Vulnerable Individuals (20 credits)
· Health Education and Promoting Wellbeing (20 credits)
· Team Management in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
· Professional Supervision Practice in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
· Research Methods in Health and Social Care (20 units)
Total of 120 credits (60 ECTS)
Assessment and Verification
This is an assignment-based qualification, and all units are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualification is criterion-referenced and based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria.
Successful completion of this diploma provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions.
For more detailed information download the fact sheet from here.
Kickstart your career
Fill in this form and we’ll get back to you.