The objective of this 2-year Diploma in Business Management qualification is to provide learners with an excellent foundation for building a career in a range of organisations.
It is designed to ensure each learner is ‘business ready’: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of business and management and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change.
The qualification will provide learners with the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills associated with the business activities, policies, procedures and processes required to work effectively in a business environment. The units combine both theoretical and practical knowledge in the areas of academic and research skills, business and global operations, finance and accounting, business communication, leadership and team working.
Successful completion of this qualification will support learners progressing to university and provide learners with the requisite skills and knowledge to enter the world of work in their chosen sector.
As per schedule
120 credits / 60 ECTS
This qualification is open to learners from age 18 and above.
Year 1 MQF 5:
- Leadership and People Management (20 credits)
- Business Research Project (20 credits)
- Operations Management (20 credits)
- Financial Decision Making (20 credits)
- Sustainable Business Practices (20 credits)
- Strategic Human Resource Management (20 credits)
Year 2 MQF 6:
- Academic Writing and Research Skills (20 credits)
- Business Operations (20 credits)
- Communication in Business (20 credits)
- Finance and Accounting (20 credits)
- Leading and Managing Teams (20 credits)
- Operating in a Global Context (20 credits)
Assessment and Verification
This is an assignment-based qualification, and all units are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualification is criterion-referenced and based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria.
Successful completion of the Diploma in Business Management provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions.
Kickstart your career
Fill in this form and we’ll get back to you.