The objectives of the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Business Management qualification is to provide learners with an excellent foundation for a career in a range of organisations. It designed to ensure that each learner is ‘business ready’: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of business and management and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change.
The content of the qualification is focused on leadership and people management, strategic human resource management, operations management, sustainable business practice, financial decision making as well as the business research skills expected of a manager.
The qualification is ideal for those who have started, or are planning to move into, a career in private or public sector business. Successful completion of the Level 6 Diploma in Business Management qualification will provide learners with the opportunity to progress to further study or employment.
12 Months (Intakes Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct)
Twice a week from
6:00pm to 8:00pm
120 credits / 60 ECTS
For entry onto the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Business Management qualification, learners must possess:
• Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 5 diploma or equivalent recognised qualification
• Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the ThinkTalent regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
• Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country, they must provide evidence of English language competency.
· Leadership and People Management (20 credits)
· Business Research Project (20 credits)
· Operations Management (20 credits)
· Financial Decision Making (20 credits)
· Sustainable Business Practices (20 credits)
· Strategic Human Resource Management (20 units)
Total of 120 credits (60 ECTS)
Assessment and Verification
This is an assignment-based qualification, and all units are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualification is criterion-referenced and based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria.
Successful completion of thid diploma provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions.
For more detailed information download the fact sheet from here.
Kickstart your career
Fill in this form and we’ll get back to you.