The objective of this qualification is to provide learners with an excellent foundation for a career in a range of organisations. It designed to ensure that each learner is ‘business ready’: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of business and management and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change.
The content of the qualification is focused on human resource management, marketing, management accounting, business law, and business principles and strategy. Learners will also integrate their knowledge and skills from these disciplines and gain knowledge about how to start a business and produce a viable business plan.
The qualification is ideal for those who have started, or are planning to move into, a career in private or public sector business. Successful completion of the Level 5 Diploma in Business Management qualification will provide learners with the opportunity to progress to further study or employment.
12 Months (Intakes Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct)
Twice a week from
6:00pm to 8:00pm
120 credits / 60 ECTS
This qualification is designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above. The entry profile for learners is likely to include at least one of the following:
• Relevant Level 4 Diploma qualification or equivalent qualification
• GCE Advanced level in 3 subjects or equivalent qualification
• Mature learners (over 21) with relevant management experience (learners must check with ThinkTalent regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country, they must provide evidence of English language competency.
· Leadership and People Management (20 credits)
· Business Research Project (20 credits)
· Operations Management (20 credits)
· Financial Decision Making (20 credits)
· Sustainable Business Practices (20 credits)
· Strategic Human Resource Management (20 units)
Total of 120 credits (60 ECTS)
Assessment and Verification
This is an assignment-based qualification, and all units are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualification is criterion-referenced and based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria.
Successful completion of this diploma provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions.
For more detailed information download the fact sheet from here.
Kickstart your career
Fill in this form and we’ll get back to you.