What is resilience? Resilience is the ability to thrive and grow in the face of adversity. It’s also a quality that many successful people around the world have mastered and applied to their careers. Research shows that resilient people are more likely to experience job satisfaction, high self-esteem, and better performance reviews than those who aren’t resilient. From finding a new path when you’re frustrated with your current one, to re-evaluating what success means for you, here are tips from the team at ThinkTalent on how you can use resilience to unlock your potential.
How to measure workforce resilience
There are a number of ways to measure workforce resilience. Do you crumble under pressure or do you thrive under pressure? Another way to measure resilience is to look at your ability to cope with change. Are you able to adapt and change with the times or do you struggle with change?
Measuring your resilience can help you understand your strengths and weaknesses. It can also help you identify areas where you need to work on improving your resilience. Improving your resilience can help you overcome obstacles in your career and lead to a more successful life.
Resilience for individuals and teams
The ability to recover from or adjust easily to setbacks or difficult situations is an important quality to have, both personally and in your career, since you’ll inevitably face challenges and setbacks throughout your life.
Here are some of the things you can do to build resilience:
- Set realistic goals for yourself (at work and outside of work) so that you’re not constantly striving for perfection and setting yourself up for disappointment.
- Try to put things into perspective. Try to remain objective and look at what happened through a different lens. Focus on your strengths to overcome how you are feeling
- Stay positive and focused on your goals, even when things are challenging – this will help you maintain perspective and keep moving forward when times are tough.
- Seek out support from your friends, family, or colleagues when things get tough – they can provide a listening ear and helpful advice.
- Take care of yourself physically and emotionally – make sure you’re getting enough sleep, exercise, and downtime to recharge yourself mentally and physically.
By staying positive, focused, and taking care of yourself, you’ll be able to build to help you weather the inevitable storms you’ll face during your life.
Workforce resilience from a company perspective
While there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, there are a few key indicators that can help you gauge whether or not your team or organization is resilient. Here are a few things to look for:
- Do employees feel like they have a voice in the organization? Do they feel like their opinions matter?
- Is there a clear sense of purpose and direction from leadership? Do employees feel like they are working towards something bigger than themselves?
- Are employees encouraged to take risks and experiment? Do they feel like it is safe to fail?
- Do employees feel like they are supported by their colleagues? Is there a strong sense of team spirit and camaraderie?
- Is the organization able to attract new employees and business?
In today’s ever-changing and fast-paced world, it’s more important than ever to have resilience. Resilience is a critical quality when looking to build a successful career and a happier life journey. There will always be challenges and setbacks in life, but if you’re resilient, you’ll be able to pick yourself up and keep going until you reach your goals. Building resilience takes time and effort, but it’s worth it. Having this skill will not only help you in your career, but in all aspects of your life.
Celebrate World Mental Health Day With Us
Here at ThinkTalent, we believe that mental health is just as important as physical health. That’s why we’re celebrating World Mental Health Day with a special promotion.
For a limited time, you can get our Resilience Training at a discounted rate. This programme is designed to help you learn how to build resilience. It includes modules on identifying stressors, developing coping mechanisms, and managing emotions. We offer Resilience Training for individuals, teams, and managers in Malta. Find out more about our open upcoming Resilience Training starting 1st November 2022.